Trademark registration for your company logo or startup brand in Maharashtra will be handled by the Trademark Registry, Mumbai office. The Trademark Registry, Mumbai Office is required to register all businesses within the specified jurisdiction.
In addition to being the business and financial capital of India, Mumbai is the state capital of Maharashtra. Various major corporate and financial institutions have their headquarters or registered offices in Mumbai. It is also the center of some of the most important industries, including the film industry and the capital markets. As the financial capital, it is also home to a number of banks, stock exchanges, and other financial institutions. Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) was established by the state government to further attract industries to Mumbai or other areas of Maharashtra. From the surrounding areas like Bhiwandi, Taloja, Navi Mumbai, Thane, etc., Mumbai has port facilities like JNPT (Jawahar Lal Nehru Port Trust) and Mumbai port. In addition to 34 Container Freight Stations (CFS) and 46 Inland Container Depots (ICD), Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) is one of the largest container ports in India.
Maharashtra Trademark Registration Advantages
Here are the advantages of Trademark Registration in Maharashtra:
- Trademarks protect a brand’s commercial goodwill – As a registered trademark owner, you will have the right to create, update, and protect your brand’s goodwill. When an infringement occurs, you can sue the infringer.
- In the process of branding your goods/services, a trademark is an essential and pivotal step. You can use a trademark to distinguish your brand from others and give it some legitimacy.
- With a trademark, you can get legal protection for your brand in case of infringement or any other illegal activity involving your brand’s name or content without your knowledge.
- Once your trademark is registered, you can sell it, transfer it, franchise it, since it becomes your property. Owners or firms will benefit greatly from this.
Trademark Registration Online in Maharashtra
Documents required are listed below:
- The applicant’s PAN card
- The applicant’s address must be verified
- Registration of a trademark requires the logo (which must include the brand name)
- If a specific date is claimed, the user must provide an affidavit
- A registration certificate or invoice proving trademark use.
- The applicant’s signature on TM-48
- MSME start-up recognition certificates can save them up to 50% on government fees.
The registration procedure takes three days
- Form filling and document submission – On the first day, you are required to provide some basic information, submit the required documents, and select a class. We will then run availability checks on your trademark and search.
- On the second day, our expert professionals will draft all your documents and prepare them for filing.
- brand registration india application filing – On the third day, we will file your application and send you a copy of the receipt along with the filed application.
TM allows you to use your brand logo on day 4!