For IEC Code Registration, the following documents are required:
- PAN card copy of an individual, firm, or company.
- Documents such as voter ID cards, Aadhar cards, or passports.
- Copy of a cancelled check from a current bank account of an individual, company, or firm.
- Obtain a copy of the premise’s rent agreement or electric bill.
- For delivery of an IEC certificate by registered mail, you will need a self-addressed envelope.
Benefits of IEC Registration
Expansion of Business
We help you expand your business and take your services or products global.
Availing Several Benefits
On the basis of their IEC registration, the Companies could benefit from the DGFT, Export Promotion Council, Customs, etc.
No Filing of returns
It is not necessary to file any returns with IEC. Once issued, there doesn’t exist any process to maintain its validity. Even for export transactions, no returns are needed.
For getting an IEC code, you need to submit an application to the DGFT within 10 to 15 days of submitting the application. You do not need to provide proof of export or import.
No Need For renewal
Obtaining an IEC code allows an entity to use it against all exports and imports throughout the lifetime of the entity.
There are cases in which import-export codes (IECs) are not mandatory
As per the latest government circular, IEC is not mandatory for all traders who are registered under GST. The PAN of the trader shall be construed as an IEC code for imports and exports in such cases. In case the goods exported or imported are for personal use and not for commercial purposes, an Import Export Code (IEC) is not required to be obtained. No import export code is required for exports and imports done by Government of India departments or ministries, or by notified charitable institutions.