An organization’s registered office is considered to be the place where all of its official correspondence and correspondence related to the business is sent. The company also owns many other offices besides its registered office. For example, it has a corporate office, an administrative office, a branch office, and a factory. Even so, it is necessary to register the registered office with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs in order to become officially registered. The promoters of the company determine where and where the registered office will be located. A notice is sent to the ROC when a change is made to the registered office of a company via filling out INC 22 after the registered office has been declared through INC 22.
In order for a company to be considered domiciled, the registered office is required to be located in the country where the registered office is situated. The domicile of a company is determined by the registered office of that company. It is essential that any changes in the address of the registered office must be communicated to the Registrar of Companies (ROC) within 15 days of the change occurring.
Changing Registered Office Address for the Following Reasons
Often, the location of the registered office is determined by stakeholders and the directors’ residential area. The only reason for deciding on it is the comfort of the directors and stakeholders. However, it may be necessary to change the location of the registered office from time to time.
- In a situation where the company is growing at a rapid pace and the office space and infrastructure do not suit the company’s current position, as well as when the company has outgrown its current location, the company may have to change its registered office address.
- You might be thinking of renting another office space at lease if your company is in the last year of a lease and you are considering the idea.
- The company may be thinking of exploring new genres for their business growth in order to expand into new markets, and thus deciding to shift their registered office to a place that allows them to expand into those markets more effectively.
- You are bound to have to registered office address change if another company invests in your company.
Registration of a Company Requires a Registered Office
As soon as your company is incorporated, it is required to announce where its registered office will be. You can submit the following documents to the company at the time of finalizing a location for the company’s registered office:
- Electricity/Water Bills
- Receipt for property taxes
- Registered Office NOC obtained from landlord
- Landlord-company lease agreement
You need to ensure that the name and address that you have provided on the electricity bill, water bill, and property tax receipt match the name and address on the NOC certificate that your landlord provided you and the address mentioned in the lease agreement. Also, it is not necessary for a company to declare its registered office as a commercial or industrial property. Moreover, vacant land or an under construction building cannot be assigned as a place for its registered office. In addition to being declared as the registered office for a company, a residential property can also be used for this purpose.
Types of Registered Office Address Change
- Private Limited Companies are permitted to change their Registered Office from one state to another within the same state.
- Private Limited Companies must inform their Registrar of Companies (ROC) when they are planning to change their Registered Office within the same state but outside of their existing city, town, village, or township within the same Registrar of Companies (ROC).
- There can be a change in a company’s registered office within the same state, but the company’s registered office can be changed from one Registrar of Companies (ROC) to another Registrar of Companies (ROC).
- An organization’s Registered Office may change from one state to another state, or from one ROC’s jurisdiction to another ROC’s jurisdiction if their Registered Office is relocated.